Wednesday, May 17, 2006

ai, money!

I've been feeling unstable mainly over the accomodation that does not make me feel comfortable. First, the house-owner who also lives in the shared-house has been a pain. He is not only uncivilized but also money-oriented. Before I moved in, everything was okay. But not long later, restrictions have been imposed gradually. Indeed, all five tenants in the house share merely one shower room and one toilet. Imagine when you have urgent natural call to do, but others have been taking turn and occupying the only one.

What to do? I can't afford or do not want to pay double to rent an own place. Most places at the range of my budget allocation are nasty. After having seen a few places, one would realize that how people have used housing property to make MORE money.

That was once I arranged a room viewing and I was delighted to see it was a bungalow. I got shocked immediately when i stepped into the bungalow. The whole house was re-structured into many rooms and one could only pass by through spaceless corridors along the cheap wood walls of those rooms that look like prison cells! In the mind of the house-owner, that is only the concern of $$$ making, and not also the quality of life of those tenants.

You will be surprised to see such significant number of people live in poverty. The gap between the established rich and struggling folks is big. I call the U.K. a very much capatalist country.

No comments: