Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Incidents in the bus

That were total two incidents in the morning.

First, a bus broke down just right at the traffic light at the only one line for both bus and car before King's Street. As a result, four buses couldn't over take and merely waited for the bus to be removed.

I walked to the nearby junction to take my bus 9.

When i was going into the bus, a girl with short black hair, whom i guess an Eastern European, paid the bus fare with a five-pound note. She didn't realize no change would be given. She asked for change from three gentlemen who were waiting to get into the bus. Three of them responded quick that NO.

The bus driver was impatient and questioned the girl: How many buses have you taken here?

The bus driver asked her to get down from the bus.

The girl was jumping. She said she needed to reach Shinfield Park on time.

I assumed today was her first day report work in Foster Wheeler.

I checked my purse, i didn't have sufficient change for five-pound. Nevertheless, i volunteered to pay for a single trip for her.

What's a one pound and thirty pences meant?

I am sorry to use the word that the young girl was uncivilized. She scolded the bus driver: STUPID.

Of course, the bus driver was not truly kind either.

The bus was full with people. None bothered.

I wonder what would be your reaction if you were there?

I recalled another incident on the way back fm work. When the bus was picking up passengers at the hospital, it was long queue of the elderly. A very old man was on the last of the queue. He was struggling to move from a stone chair and rely on a wheelchair to support him while he was walking. He was trembling stepping into the bus.

I had been observing people. I stood up from the back of the bus and gave an extra hand to him. I supported him to get a seat and held on his wheelchair. I was not dare to look at anyone because i didn't want to react to any compliment.

At the town centre, a stop after the old man got down from the bus, an old couple went down from the bus. When the old couple passing me by, the man held my right arm and said: God bless you.

Three years ago, when i was lying on the operation bed going into an operation, there were pictures reflecting in my mind. At that time, it was glad that i didn't do any terribly wrong deed.

For me, God means the mobilizing energy of the universe. Nevertheless, i want to feel good and be proud about myself when i am still breathing. I wish to go at peace at my last breath.

No comments: