Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Divings in Sipadan, Mabul and Kapalai Islands, May 2004














Date: Thu, 6 May 2004, 11:31:02 +0800

Ha, ha my friends, I just came back from Sipadan Island. I had exotic, memorable and fantastic dives in Mabul, Kapalai and Sipadan Islands.

I had my first wonderful night dive at 11 p.m. During my dives there, I saw sharks, turtles, flamboyant macro marine lives, sea slags, butterfly fish, lion fish, eels that hide themselves onto the sand, and many of others that I have yet to find out their names. (I have to buy books and do some studies on marine lives). It was really fun when big groups of fishes swimming around me. However, since these few months are mating season for trigger fish, so, watch up the aggressive trigger fish while diving. Unfortunately, as I paid too much attention on macro fishes, I missed the signs of my buddies on trigger fish which I have yet to recognize their shape, colours, and looks. If anyone who knows about trigger fish, it would be appreciated if you tell me more about trigger fish. I am really afraid of them during my dives as I did not want to get hurt. I have been hearing about the trigger fish¡¦s attacks during my dives in Aur Island (near Tioman Island) and Sipadan Island.

Not used to the city life after coming back to KL and resumed work today. The people on Mabul Island are really friendly and sincere. The villagers love to give warm welcome greetings and cheerful smile whenever they saw strangers. In fact, some of the villagers are in fact Filipinos who are sick of and would like to keep away from the political instability and violent crimes in their own country. I am totally infatuated with the natural and simple lifestyle there. I was totally got away about date and time (except time to go divings) and unnecessary trivial matters.

I spent a few nights sleeping on the open-air jetty. I realized for the first time of my life that there was a satellite moving clockwisely around the moon. It was no star at that particular night and only sole moon on the dark sky. The moon was actually on top of me when I was lying on the jetty. The moon was circled by its own bright light. It liked a round door to the heaven. :- )

Cheers,
2004.06.06, 11.39 a.m. (Malaysian time)



Share with you some of the beauty of the underwater world and my thrill of being so close to those spices that are exactly exit but we have been so ignorant to know.

1 comment:

chong y l said...

Hi Mei:

It's about time'dime -- Welcome to blogsworld.
The dives will be enjoyable, and the travelmates you meet will be inter-ARRESTing!

Cheers, Have fun-D, will travel!

(Any holiday mei-mento 4 Virginal visitor?)