Friday, April 06, 2007

My book of "Western Civilization"

When I was staying in Singapore about seven years ago, I searched and ordered a book of "Western Civilization" which I found a detailed book in allowing me to understand better about the process of Western civilization.

It still looked new when I lend it to a friend who was doing her master's in International Civilization Studies three years ago. Unexpectedly, when she returned the book to me a few months later, all pieces in the book were taken off.

With driving my motorbike, I chased her and demanded her to open her car window. I told her to keep the book because I couldn't accept a book that was broken.

Until today, I still miss the book that had been formerly looked new until I lend it to a friend. I have to spend some money and efforts to purchase another copy now.

No comments: