Monday, June 19, 2006

Mutual Consolation

A lady colleague whom I was actually not really closed to, but merely had the chance to say Hello with smile formerly, unexpectedly shared her family problem with me.

It was early of last week...

We met on the corridor again. She asked me gently: "How are you?" as usual.

I smiled and laughed: "Well, whether we are okay or not, we normally tend to response Good, Thank you."

Unexpectedly, she told me: "I am undergoing a divorce now. My husband who has been enjoying his bachelor life for the past few years finally asked for a divorce."

On the surface I remained calm after hearing the news. However, I was actually shocked because she looked alright all the time.

I didn't have chance to speak to her since then until this morning.

We met in the ladies. She shared with me that her daughter was upset because her father couldn't with her yesterday when it was Father's Day.

I told her that I had thought of making a Chinese or Japanese dinner for her and her daugther.

She was delightened. She said the news would help to cheer her lovely 14-year-old daughter up.
As her daughter likes Japanese food, I would be showing her daughter to make simple Japanese sushi with cucumber and carrots. I would be cooking a Japanese noodle for dinner also.

Umm, that is what I wish to do: To give consolation to those who are in need; To make the life more meaningful to live in.

1 comment:

chong y l said...

mei: I don't fancy Japanese food but will be consoled by chinoserie cutesine!
Don't mind a CON BF on Sundae; okay, Monday to Saturdie too!
CHOW!:)